Everybody was against you

So its been awhile since I blogged last (about 2 months!). I told Tj and Greg that I would try and blog more, so here it is!

This post is going to be about Susan Boyle.
By now I'm sure most of you have heard of her. Watch the video below to find out more (when i first watched this video it had been viewed 12 million times, now it has been viewed 55 million times!!).

Susan Boyle


This, to me, is an amazing story and so true of all of us. Like the judge in the middle said, "Every body was against you..." In all of our minds we were setting her up for failure and when we least expect it, she blows us away. How convicting is that! How many times have I judged someone based upon what they looked like or what I thought their capacity is. My prayer is that God would open my eyes to the beauty around me, not just because it is appealing to the eye, not just because it is easy to love, but because it has been created by God. Especially people, who are created in His image.

Praise God for our uniqueness! He is a master artist!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

L - nice template. I like the business Ideas link on the right! How true about Susan though - she is great. My first thoughts of a person need to be more open as well. Thanks for the challenge!

greg said...

Laurey I was so excited when I saw you blogged! haha. Thats such a powerful video. So many lessons to be learned. I can tell you countless stories of people that I have judged on the outside that have turned out to be absolutely incredible people.

God is a master artist indeed!

Vasilios Tryphonas II said...

Amen to that! It is hard sometimes realizing that everyone has something to offer in this world. That God is using us all for his plans. In that being open to other people is the key!

Post a Comment


Template Brought by :

blogger templates